Terms and Conditions
By purchasing items or offering items for sale on the Local Kiwi Deals Marketplace via www.localkiwideals.co.nz you are bound by the following terms and conditions.
- Max Web Projects Limited provides the Local Kiwi Deals Marketplace and services so that you can buy and sell items with other Local Kiwi Deals customers. Local Kiwi Deals is not a party to these transactions, and cannot be held liable in any way for the quality or condition of items, delivery times or warranties.
- You must be a New Zealand resident and located within New Zealand to use the Local Kiwi Deals Marketplace.
- Local Kiwi Deals is not liable to you or any other person for anything in connection with any aspect of the Local Kiwi Deals Marketplace or your use of it. In particular, Local Kiwi Deals is not liable to you or any other person on any basis for any loss or damage caused to you directly or indirectly by use of the Local Kiwi Deals Marketplace.
- Local Kiwi Deals has no knowledge and makes no representations or warranties about any aspect of any item, listing or seller on the Local Kiwi Deals Marketplace.
- You use the Local Kiwi Deals Marketplace entirely at your risk. Local Kiwi Deals takes no responsibility for any system unavailability, or for any loss or damage that is incurred as a result of the Local Kiwi Deals Marketplace or Local Kiwi Deals web site being unavailable. Further, Local Kiwi Deals assumes no responsibility for the corruption of any data or information held by Local Kiwi Deals.
- Local Kiwi Deals provides no warranty or guarantee for the accuracy of information provided by Local Kiwi Deals or Local Kiwi Deals customers or sellers.
- Customers using the Local Kiwi Deals marketplace are solely responsible for the content of their listings.
- You agree to keep your membership information, including email address, residential address, and telephone number, current at all times.
- You agree not to allow any other person to use the Local Kiwi Deals Marketplace using your account and Member Name.
- You may not include or provide your membership details (including your email residential address, phone number or other methods of contact) on your profile, your listings, and your feedback.
- If you are under the age of 18 you are not permitted to buy or sell on the Local Kiwi Deals marketplace.
If you offer items for sale on the Local Kiwi Deals Marketplace you agree that:
- All prices stated are in New Zealand dollars and include GST if applicable;
- You are legally entitled to sell the items you are offering for sale;
- You will offer “Tracked Courier” as a delivery method;
- Your item description is accurate and complete, and includes all relevant information about terms of sale including shipping and payment information;
- The item you are selling matches exactly the product listed on Local Kiwi Deals;
- Your item description is not inaccurate, misleading or fraudulent;
- Your item description or item for sale does not Infringe any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights;
- You are in physical possession of the item that you are selling;
- Your item descriptions will not include references to other web sites where similar items are offered for sale, or contact details are provided for a seller of similar items;
- You will ship the item using the delivery method specified by the buyer;
- You will ship the item within 7 days of successfully selling the item;
- You will comply with the Local Kiwi Deals’ Disputes Resolution process;
- The sale of your items are subject to a commission of 8%; and
- That payment for your items will be made by way of credit to your Local Kiwi Deals account which may be refunded in full to a valid NZ bank account number.
When buying an item on the Local Kiwi Deals Marketplace you agree that:
- By buying an item, you warrant that you have the legal right to enter into and complete the transaction;
- Your “Buy Now” is an irrevocable offer to buy the item;
- You will inform Local Kiwi Deals within 7 days after receiving a “shipped” notification if you have not received the item; and
- You agree to Local Kiwi Deals’ Disputes Resolution process.
- Local Kiwi Deals charges fees for the use of the Local Kiwi Deals Marketplace as a venue.
- Success fees are charged if an item successfully sells and are only refundable if the buyer cancels their order.
- Fees are deducted from your Local Kiwi Deals account.
- Refunds will be credited to your Local Kiwi Deals account.
- All fees paid by New Zealand resident members include GST and are in New Zealand dollars.
If the buyer fails to receive an item purchased from a seller on the Local Kiwi Deals Marketplace a dispute will be opened and will be resolved as follows:
The resolution will be in the buyer's favour if the following conditions are met:
- The Buyer selected delivery by Tracked Courier; and
- The Buyer provided a valid NZ delivery address; and
- The Seller is unable to provide a valid “track and trace” that shows an attempted delivery to the buyer's delivery address.
A resolution in the buyer's favour will result in a full refund to the buyer's Local Kiwi Deals account. Payment for the item will not be made to the seller.
The resolution will be in the seller's favour if the following conditions are met:
- The Buyer did not select delivery by Tracked Courier; or
- The Seller delivered using Tracked Courier and can provide a valid “track and trace” that shows delivery to the buyer's delivery address.
A resolution in the seller's favour will result in payment for the item (minus commission) to the seller's Local Kiwi Deals account. The buyer will not receive a refund.
Neither the seller nor Local Kiwi Deals is responsible for an item once it has been delivered to the buyer's delivery address.
All dispute resolutions are at the sole discretion of Local Kiwi Deals and all decisions are final.
If you do not comply with these Terms and Conditions, Local Kiwi Deals may, without notice or warning, limit your activities on the Local Kiwi Deals web site by removing your listings, issuing you a warning or suspending or terminating your membership.